Thursday, May 20, 2021

Spring is Finally Here!

 After many false starts, it seems Spring is, finally, here!  A year ago, I published this post about discovering some tulips on the side of the porch.  I dug up the bulbs late last Summer and stored them until replanting them in the late Fall.  In all, there were about a dozen bulbs.

After a slow start this past month, they have all, finally, bloomed!  Five red, 4 salmon pink, and one lone yellow. This was my first experience planting tulip bulbs and I'm relieved they all bloomed, considering I saw only half of these (the red ones) bloom a year ago.


Now that the colder nights are behind us, I'll begin on several house projects: 
  • building a new picket fence between the house and garage
  • updating two outdoor outlets to the latest electrical code
    • weather resistant, tamper proof, GFCI, ultra-duty outlet covers
  • installing water table boards around the perimeter of the garage
  • replace the front gable fascia boards on the garage
  • make minor exterior repairs in preparation for house painting
  • repair minor cosmetic cracks on the above grade foundation wall
  • landscaping the back yard patio area
This should keep me busy for several weeks, but the longer days will definitely help.



No comments:

Post a Comment